Last email I got from you was:

Changes between DataGrid cellrenderers and embed tag
Friday, January 20, 2006 1:30 PM

Just set a breakpoint in your custom class where you are binding to a property.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:17 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex2 Debugging

Hi All,

Complete side note: Does the [EMAIL PROTECTED] group not send out your own emails? I posted something earlier and didn’t see it so I’m assuming yahoo doesn’t send you your own messages.

I’ve got an issue with a current Flex2 project I’m working on right now, but I’m getting no errors nor am I able to find out any debugging on my custom ImageRenderer class. I’m currently using the Eclipse IDE for Flex2 and the project says it builds complete yet something is wrong in a custom class and I can’t figure out how I’d go about finding out the problem. Like all the examples from the macromedia page, CFlex and the flexcoders archive, I have an ImageRenderer.as file to custom renderer a Datagrid cell, and using the following line in my code:

<mx:DataGridColumn cellRenderer="{ImageRenderer}" headerText="Availability" columnName="availability" />

Yet, taking the cellRenderer= out does nothing different than putting it in. I’m assuming it is breaking somewhere in ImageRenderer.as, but how would I go about debugging this? How do you debug custom classes?

Also didn’t have any luck looking for solutions in the archive, so any help would be much appreciated.

Jonathan Miranda

Flexible Master of the Web

"In the game of chess, it's important to never let your opponent see your pieces."