The current version of Cairngorm 0.99 is written in ActionScript 2.0.

We have an alpha version of Cairngorm 2.0 (the next release, we'll align with
the Flex
Numbering) that is very similar to Cairngorm 0.99 in functionality, but
reimplemented in ActionScript 3.0.  Our focus has been on allowing you to
migrate your apps from Flex 1.5 + Cairngorm 0.99 to Flex 2.0 and Cairngorm 2.0
with little or no migration effort assigned to Cairngorm.

The only real change in API will be in your usage of the ModelLocator; because
with Flex 2 you can't bind to statics, we've had to change our implementation
of ModelLocator slightly.

However, don't expect swathes of new Cairngorm functionality; it's a
microarchitecture, and so "micro" is important to us.  We're not intent on
skeleton upon which you can flesh out your applications.

Best,

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Practice Director (Rich Internet Applications)