On 2/8/06, Jonas Windey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yea, that example works too for me, I think the problem is somewhere else.

Okay, the problem is that the TextArea's maxVPosition is 0 even after
the text is set.  The new value of maxVPosition is calculated only on
the next screen update.  Here's a simplified test case:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml";>
<mx:String id="s">
               <![CDATA[
This is some text.

And I love the way I can write code so quickly
in Flex Builder 2.0!

Woohoo!!!
               ]]>
</mx:String>
<mx:TextArea id="textArea" />
<mx:Button>
        <mx:click>
                <![CDATA[
                        textArea.text = s;
                        textArea.vPosition = textArea.maxVPosition;
                ]]>
        </mx:click>
</mx:Button>
</mx:Application>

I thought we'd solved this problem.  Somebody should log a bug.