Roger,

Fair enough, and I appreciate your spelling out the argument --
obviously if this is a potential security hole, you can't affort to
leave it open.  But since the stakes are fairly high for some of your
customers, I hope you agree it's at least worth investigating whether
the security issues are in fact covered.

On the other front, I'm eager for your thoughts on how an FP8 facade can
do the trick.  Ted Patrick has a promising idea about using
Loader.loadBytes() to synthesize an uncompressed FP8 facade SWF whose
bytecode is dynamically tweaked to embed a local connection ID in its
timeline script.  That's actually the only suggestion I've heard yet
that would actually solve the problem, assuming it doesn't run into some
kind of sandbox issue or other unexpected player snafu.

Got any other ideas, Roger?  All gross workarounds are welcome at the
moment if they actually work -- after all, LocalConnections and
synthetic SWFs ain't exactly pretty.