Jason,

By domains, I am assuming you mean different domain names – is that correct?

Assuming IFrame to Flex is not directly possible, here is what I was proposing:

-          Create a Flex application that can communicate with the _javascript_ of a designated page

-          Make that designated page local to your machine (i.e. perhaps the one hosting your .SWF)

o        embed an additional IFrame

o        embed _javascript_ to point the embedded IFrame to a designated URL

o        embed _javascript_ functions to support the desired drop functionality from the “remote” IFrame to the local IFrame

o        drive the “internal” IFrame by sending the URL to the local page/IFrame – which then sends it to the embedded IFrame

o        retrieve from the “internal” IFrame by embedding _javascript_ functions that can be called by Flex to retrieve the dropped text

From what you’ve said, the fatal flaw in this proposal would be that the locally hosted HTML page and the page presented in the embedded IFrame are in different domains and therefore not able to “communicate”.  Is this correct?

-Mark