I have a Tree with an XML dataprovider.  I noticed a couple of problems when using the setChildren() method on the source XML object.  First, if a branch has children and is open in the Tree, the player crashes if I call setChildren() and pass it an empty XMLList (to clear the children).

Second, while I can successfully add children to an XML object using setChildren(), the call does not update the Tree.  If I close and open the branch again, the new children show up, but any changes I make to these children don't get updated in the Tree either.  Everything works fine if I use appendChild() instead.

Just passing this along...