It's an excellent book I have to say, but keep in mind that it was
written for Flex 1.0, so some of the examples break in 1.5, and a lot of
them need to be re-written for 2.0.

Besides the examples, it's the concepts that are very important, and
provide the reader of what features are available in Flex, and how they
work generally. Though at this point in time, I'd wait for a 2.0 book
since architecturally a lot of things have changed fundamentally since 1.0.