In my app, I have a section called add sale. When this state is called I
use initialize to call a fucntion. This function queries my db and I use
another fucntion that populates a text input when the results are
returned.

With the code below, how can I clear the results of the state. I have
several text inputs that I have set to no values, but I cant figure out
how to make it so that the next time I call the state, the text input is
populated again. I am assuming that I need to clear the results handler.
But I am not sure how to do that.

Here are the snippets of code.

Initializing the function:

<mx:Canvas width="100%" height="100%"
initialize="SaleModqiAdminSaleStart()"
xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml"; xmlns="*">

Webservice call:
     <mx:WebService id="SaleMod"  useProxy="false"
wsdl="http://flex.homesmartagent.com/cfc/adminHS2F.cfc?wsdl";
showBusyCursor="true">
         <mx:operation name="qiAdminSaleStart"
result="SaleModqiAdminSaleStartResult( SaleMod.qiAdminSaleStart.result
)" fault="SaleModqiAdminSaleStartFault( event )"/>
     </mx:WebService>

Function used to query my db:

                 // used to call the service
                 function SaleModqiAdminSaleStart(){
                     SaleMod.qiAdminSaleStart();
                 }

                 // called when results received
                 function SaleModqiAdminSaleStartResult( result ){
                     fileNum.text = result;
                 }

                 function SaleModqiAdminSaleStartFault ( event ){}