Yeah I don't think interfaces fit the bill here, but I've found that as long as you throw an error (especially in AS3) it works pretty well as a rough approximation of what abstract might do. :)

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sauro, Nick
Sent: 22 February 2006 15:58
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Does AS have an equivalant of Java's 'Abstract'

Yea, well, right now, I’m just having the parent class hold blank implementations, which is just kinda quirky for me, but it works for now, I was just wondering if there was a cleaner way to do it.  Interface came to mind, but I need the base functionality of a Base class that I’m using :-/

O well, just wondering

Thanks J