Yes really.  RemoteObject, HttpService, WebService, all of it.  We've
written several applications for major clients in production today.
Works like an absolute champ with JDK 1.5 and Tomcat 5.5.15.

That said, we very much prefer WebService and HttpService over
RemoteObject, but it works just dandy.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.