You mean basicly i have it right. Perhaps we do not have the same doc's cause "rendererIsEditor" does not exist in mine. Perhaps you meant "isCellEditor="true"" wich is described in the docs as being the property to set in order to allow a cell renderer to also allow editing. I am now convinced that this problem is due to incomplete functionality of the flex 2.0 beta 1. I imagine that the data binding and datasource code for e4x is not quite up to snuff in beta 1.

The prblem is not editing as the code I posted does work and it does update the source, however, On load of the data into the grid the checkbox is always set to true iregardless of the source data.

Jason
-----Message d'origine-----
De : flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]De la part de Manish Jethani
Envoyé : mardi 14 mars 2006 11:26
À : flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Objet : Re: [flexcoders] Problem with datagrid, e4x data, and checkbox cellrenderer. Flex (2.0 b1)

On 3/13/06, Jason Hawryluk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here  is a little example to show the problem. Run the below and click one of the  check boxes (no updates). Is the data source (in this case the xml var) not  supposed to update here?

[snip]
>   <mx:DataGridColumn editable="true" headerText="Active"  width="100"
>    columnName="active"
>    isCellEditor="true"
>    cellRenderer="mx.controls.CheckBox"  editorProperty="selected"  />

CheckBox is being set as the *renderer*, not the *editor*.  So it only
renders the data, it does not update the data source.  There's another
property that can be set to say that the renderer is also the editor.
I don't know what it's called in Beta 1, but, in my current bleeding
edge internal build, it's called `rendererIsEditor` (false|true).
Look up the docs.

Manish