Dearest Richard,

There's a demo of run time reflection of flex components by Trey Long
located here >
http://humanwasteland.com/reflectdemo/ReflectFilterDemo.html

it's a good example of how to implement the bitmap, bitmapdata, and
matrix classes in Flex 2.0

It's a bit technical - but you can view the source and download it.

As far as I'm aware - I've not seen a simplified flip/mirror function
in Flex - the class that does the flip in that example is
matrix.scale where he puts (1, -1).

Have a play around with it - I learned a bit from it.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Schutten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Are there standard flip and mirror routines that can be applied in
Flex 2