It worked, John.  Thank you for reading my mind. :)

On 3/16/06, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jordan Snyder wrote:
> Yeah that's about right!  So have you been able to resolve anything at
> all?  I can obviously compile, so I can move it to another machine or
> something...but this is debilitating really!  I'm super pissed, who
> can I complain to?  OHHHHH right, it's BETA.  Damn.

I had read the prior description but wasn't sure what the question was
and so passed onto other matters. Your post above doesn't help me turn
the description into an answerable question either.

Maybe it's something like "What could happen if I install this week's
8.0x Player above my 8.5 beta Player?" or "If I blew away my 8.5 with a
new 8.0x then how can I get the beta back?" One answer along these
general lines is that the uninstaller is now required to remove the new
version-locked Player. I'm not sure whether this is the core question
though.

Have you checked the technotes listed in my original blog entry on the
subject, particularly the one about unlocking?
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2006/03/players_v8024_v.cfm
http://www.macromedia.com/go/14157

My apologies if I didn't get the right question out of the descriptions
though... I might be way offbase.

jd

--

John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd

Jordan Snyder
Applications Developer
Image Action LLC