Hi,

I am evaluating Flex 2 Beta in comparison with Laszlo, in order to
make a choice on an RIA framework for our company.

As part of this evaluation I am trying to modify the Tree control
behaviour, to allow me to display structured text from more than one
XML attribute in my data source.  I have tried doing this using
ListItemRenderer but it stops displaying all of the standard tree
behaviour as soon as I override it.

Does anyone know how to do this?  Are there any examples of the tree
bahaviour being overriden?

Below are the sources for the two MXML files.

Thanks,
Yair Iny

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml";
xmlns="*" layout="vertical">

        <mx:XML id="TreeXML">
                <folder name="Inbox" num="100">
                        <item name="Item1" num="50"/>
                        <folder name="Junk" num="20">
                                <item name="Item2" num="25"/>
                        </folder>
                </folder>
        </mx:XML>

        <mx:Panel width="638" height="425" layout="absolute"
title="Problem View Mockup">
                <mx:Tree dataProvider="{TreeXML}" rootVisible="false"
width="598" height="373" listItemRenderer="MyTreeRenderer">
                </mx:Tree>
        </mx:Panel>
</mx:Application>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2005/mxml"; xmlns="*">
        <mx:Label id="Name" text="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
        <mx:Label id="Count" text="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
</mx:HBox>