I have an XML file containing my dataset (date,day,event,place), and
I'd like to display a subset of the xml file, depending on the
selection criteria on the screen (a month at a time).  Obviously, I'm
new to flex, and just learning what I can and can't do.

Also, any suggestions on how to write the XML file back out to the
server once I've done my edits to the dataset.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.