Plenty of ways to accomplish this; one way is to provide a click
handler for your checkbox, and then set a property of the
corresponding dataprovider item that you can then examine from
another function.  Cell renderers automatically get passed
references to some handy objects and functions that you can use.

    var listOwner: MovieClip; // the reference to the list
    var getCellIndex: Function; // the function we receive

    function onCheckboxClicked(event) {
        listOwner.dataProvider.getItemAt(
            getCellIndex().itemIndex).isCheckboxSelected =
            event.target.selected;
    }

Just add click="onCheckboxClicked(event)" to your mx:CheckBox, and
any function can then loop through your dataprovider's items
examining the isCheckboxSelected property to determine the state of
the checkbox.

Doug

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "digital_eyezed"