Problem:
When all async operations in an component are complete I need to examine the state of the component.

Is there anyway to listen for a completion of all async activity?

If it's not built in... (which I suspect it isn't) does anyone have ideas for an implementation?

Possible Solution:
One thing would be to write a mountain of logic into each component to signify a resting/complete state. (cringes)

How many async operations are there?  Effects... Data Calls... uhh.. anything else?

Can I use a prototype hack to jack into the async classes and listen for / count the events? It's ugly but it was just a thought.