From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tobias Patton
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 4:38 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex 2.0: mxmlc question

Can someone explain the difference between the “-include-libraries” and “-library-path” compiler options?

The documentation states that “-include-libraries” is commonly used to link in an .swc file containing localized resources. But what about .swc file containing other .swc files used by the application? The documentation for “-library-path” implies that this option should be used to link in custom components. What is the difference? When I add a library in Flex Builder, does this translate to an “-include-libraries” option of a “-library-path” option?

Also, the documentation states that the Flex compilers do not use a config file by default. However, unless I specify the “-load-config” option, I get the error: defaults: Error: unable to open './flex-config.xml'. Is this flag required or not?

Thanks.

Tobias.

Creo Inc., a subsidiary of Kodak

Tobias Patton | Software Developer | Tel: +1.604.451.2700 ext: 5148 | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.creo.com