hi, we have faced a same problem once not with flex but with other reason, server didn't responding with xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa format, then we have fixed it by setting some server side domain assignment, may be DNS assignment with names.........I am neither sure it may help u or nor this is right place for writing this here......but it was solved that way and then after we can able to connect either way