If you're connection from a different machine than the one CF is installed on,
use {content.root} in the endpoint uri attribute.
Mine looks like this:

            <endpoint uri="{context.root}/flex2gateway/"
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>

If you look at the top of the flex-enterprise-services.xml, you'll notice that
there's already a destination defined, called
'ColdFusion'
When using that destination as the destination of a RemoteObject, you can
access any cfc on your server (without having to modify
the flex-enterprise-services.xml).
You then specify the path to the cfc in the source property of the RemoteObject.

<RemoteObject destination="ColdFusion" source="path.to.cfc.on.server">
  <mx:method name="someMethod" result="someMethodResult(event)"
fault="someMethodFault(event)">
</RemoteObject>

Now, this way of accessing cfc's has been added for backwards compatibility
(see docs) and is not recommended.
You should add <destination> tags to the flex-enterprise-services.xml as needed.
Here's an example from the docs:

<destination id="SampleEmployeeRO">
    <properties>
        <source>samples.explorer.EmployeeManager</source>
            <stateful>true</stateful>
    </properties>
    <adapter ref="java-object"/>
</destination>

The destination id is what you'll use as the destination of the RemoteObject.
And you don't specify a 'source' in the RemoteObject,
since it's defined in the xml file.

<RemoteObject destination="SampleEmployeeRO">
  <mx:method name="someMethod" result="someMethodResult(event)"
fault="someMethodFault(event)">
</RemoteObject>

hope this helps,
Muzak