That would be pretty impractical in Flex 1.5 without providing truckloads of RAM.  I suspect you need to either do it on the server as an image sent to the client, or else do it in Flex 2.

What kind of graph is this?  Do you really need 100k samples on screen simultaneously?  Can you do overview/detail?  Can you downsample and then plot the downsampled data?

-rg

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of RAMOS CARDONA JESUS SALVADOR
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 6:12 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex1.5: Limit of series a graph component can have

Hi all.

My manager has come to me with an unusual question: ‘Is there a limit as to the number of series (or dots) a flex graph can have?’ The need arose because of a requirement of a financial application being built on Flex, which needs to output dot graphs of at least 100,000 dots.

Without considering the performance or overhead, is this possible in Flex?

Thanks.

J.