Hello Jennifer!

I think that answers my question -

I am familiar with 1.5 (although a little rusty, since I went back to
coding Flash Apps for the last 2 years) - but I distinctly remember
writing simple Flex 1.5 Apps that would use the RemoteObject stuff.

So if the Remoting in Flex 1.5 is synonymous with Flex 2.0, then I am in
pretty good shape.  I am just a HUGE fan of AMF - especially since the
data is sent in Binary, rather than bloated XML (not to mention all
those funky characters that I have to avoid sending, embedded in the
data packets).  My primary Flex 1.5 app I wrote, managed thousands of
Employment Resumes - so you can imagine the pure magnitude of Data and
unusual characters that I had to send/receive to the server.  I ran into
tons of problems, because of illegal characters that were being sent in
the data stream (when I used the XML method).

Remoting was my Godsend.

Do you think you could take this opportunity to explain to me, the finer
differences between the 2 different Remoting flavors?  Also, why I
should seriously consider shelling out the money, to purchase the "more
robust version" of the Remoting add-ons (or why not, for that matter).

You mentioned "the new Messaging System"?  Is this another add-on,
mainly for the purposes of making Flex a more "robust" application
development environment?  Kind of like taking this to the next level so
Flex can compete with the "big boys", and to be taken seriously as a
major contender in the corporate arena?

Hopefully I worded that well enough :)

Thanks!! and I appreciate your help on this topic (seriously, I do thank
you).

Mike