Let's see...

1) If you're going to use binding to assign the dataprovider, and you
want to swap in a different one at runtime, you either need to a) change
the value of the thing you're binding to, or b) don't use binding. i.e.,
you could do this:

<Script>
  [Bindable] public var currentDP:Array;

        public function changeDP() {
                currentDP = someOtherDP;
        }

// Adding a series:
Function addSeries()
{
        var newSeries:ColumnSeries = new ColumnSeries();
        newSeries.yField = "newYField";
        chartSeries.push(newSeries);
        myChart.series = chartSeries;
}

</Script>

<ColumnChart id="myChart" dataProvider="{currentDP}" >
  <series>
     <Array id="chartSeries">
                <ColumnSeries ... />
        </Array>
  </series>
</ColumnChart>

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by dragging a column. You mean
drag-select a group of columns to then drag/drop?  Could be done, but it
would be non-trivial work. Selection unfortunately didn't make it into
this release.  But you could extend the ColumnSeries and CartesianChart
to support it.

Additional Types:  Yes, in theory, although nothing specific is planned
at this point.  PieChart is built on PolarChart, which could serve as
the basis for any type of Polar Coordinate based chart.  Which means a
RadarSeries shouldn't be too hard to build on the shipping Flex2 charts
(think of it as a LineSeries based on a PolarChart).

Ely.