I have met John Bennett and have found him to be very
friendly and helpful. I personally know that he has
gained the respect of at least a few successful J2EE
authors in my community. I also know he is a very busy
person who is constantly traveling to meet with
customers around the country in addition to working
closely with his colleagues.

The only thing that I can possibly even begin to
imagine that would be the source of your malcontent
may be culturally related. John is from the east coast
and the culture of the east coast leans toward being
short and to the point. I know this cultural mannerism
can sometimes be frustrating for people who haven't
spent time on the east coast. However, busy people
working in the commercial market throughout the US can
be short when communicating. As a busy person, I
appreciate working with people who understand what I
am saying before I finish my sentence and can respond
succinctly. I have found that even when John was quick
and to the point, he was not short with me and he
still was very courteous.

My feedback is just one persons point of view and I
know that since I was not present in the meeting that
I cannot necessarily say exactly what happened, but I
hope this may help bring some perspective to the
situation. More importantly, I hope this feedback can
be helpful to those on the list who work with a wide
variety of people on a daily basis.

Sincerely,
Marc

http://mail.yahoo.com