Thanks for the input, but that really wasn't the problem. In the
meantime I figured out myself...

When I finally found the logfiles and detected that there was one called
flex-errors.log, I looked into it and saw what? Right, what I didn't
expect to see and was noted down nowhere on the way:
The Flex Data Services couldn't instanciate its MessageBroker servlet
due to an unappropriate (»old«) version of the JRE. The version required
for the Data Services is 1.4.2_06, the version installed with JRun4 is
1.4.2_05 even after JRun4 Updater 6, which is the current one.

The reason for that was, with the failt after all at my side, that I
used the JRun4 installation that ships with Coldfusion installer
package, deployed Flex on an extra server instance on that and trusted
in the all-in-one package.

To fix the roblem, I downloaded the latest JRE 1.4.2_11 (1.5 doesn't
work with JRun4) extracted all the stuff and overwrote the jre folder of
the JRun installation with the newer version. Since then it works
without any bugs, as far as I tested it.

The final solution now, is to download everything seperately, the JRE
1.4.2_06+ from Sun, then JRun4 from Adobe and finally to deploy the Flex
application on that installation. I'm just re-doing it that way, while I
write this...

Greetings, Thomas