From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of flexabledev
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 11:27 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Drag & Drop conundrum... BUG?

Paul,

Thanks!  I didn't know that you did not need to set dropEnabled="true"
if you also set dragEnter and dragDrop handlers.  I just assumed that
you always needed to set dropEnabled, even if you write your own drag
behaviour...

Once I set dropEnabled to "false", I can see (while debugging) that
the contents of the Array after the Drop were Correct, i.e. no
"[object Object]" items in the List.   So far so good... BUT!!!  Once
it is set to "false" the List does not reflect the contents of the
Array (it's dataProvider) after the Drop.  I tested this in two ways:

1.  I Initialized the [Bindable] Array to contain values before the
Drop.  They show up in the List as expected but when I Drop an item
nothing changes!  In debug mode, though, the Array contains both the
initialized values and the drop items.

2. When I set dropEnabled back to "true", the drop items show up in
the list, but so does the default "[object Object]" for each drop item.

This now looks like a bug to me, that somehow the list control does
not get notified of change to the dataProvider.

To test this, I added a button that manually adds a value to the Array
and the List still does not reflect the change to it's dataProvider.
Any Ideas?

Thanks...

Martin

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a guess, but one possibility is that your list's default drop
> behaviour is switched on, i.e. on the list control,
dropEnabled="true".
> This could cause the item to be added twice, once by your event
handler
> and once by the default drop behaviour.
>
> Paul

On