This is a known issue in Beta 2, should be addressed in Beta 3.

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ilia_papas
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:06 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex 2 not maintaining order of web service
parameters.

Hello, I've been unable to get Flex to submit parameters to a web
service method in a consistent order.  I'm using Flex 2 beta 2 and a web
service running on JBoss 4.0.4CR2 using annotations.

This problem has been described in the following locations:

-Macromedia Forum: Webservice always returns a "Error #2032: Stream
Error" (http://tinyurl.com/ebyg8) -flexcoders archive: Flex 2:
WebServervice call sometimes swaps parameters (http://tinyurl.com/ghwmr)
-Macromedia Forum: WebService fields out of order
(http://tinyurl.com/jsdg6)

The order of the parameters appears to be somewhat random, as each time
you refresh the page, the order changes.  Though that order will last
until you refesh again.

One suggestion was wrapping the parameters in a single complex object.
However, the problem still persists, as order is not maintained when
flex serializies the object.

Another suggested setting the parameters like so:

    "if svc is your webservice id...
     svc.function.arguments = {value1:val1, value2:val2, ...};
     svc.function();"

Unfortunately, order is still not mainatained.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Ilia