Thanks for the quick reply Doug, that is great and all makes sense and I
can see what's going on.  I can make it work with a little manipulation
of the inner RO calls by using for loops.  And had I thought about it
more, you are right that event.dragSource et al would have all the
information I needed, so that part really should be simple enough to
implement.

But could you explain how I would initialize the repeaterData array if
the number of elements is dynamic, i.e., returned from a query such as
what I am trying to do?  That would be this line:

var repeaterData: Array = [ {}, {}, {} ];

to set the Array elements from RO.results without hardcoding the size of
the array.

And actually/ideally, I would want to make this a component at some
point, so how would I make this line of AS:

repeaterData[i].dp = [{Number: n++}, {Number: n++}, {Number: n++}];

populate itself from a second RO query recordset where I wouldn't
necessarily know what the column names are?  Something like:

var thisROResultItemsArray:Array = RO2.result._items;  //since _items is
already an array
repeaterData[i].dp = [{thisROResultItemsArray}];

Excuse me if I'm being dense or am missing something completely
obvious.  I'm betting that F2 is a lot easier with this, but it will
really help to get this into my noggin now.

Thanks again!
Tom