We understand that FDS supports lazy associations, but the documentation is unclear about
whether it's necessary and in what manner to partially initialize an array which is not empty
but in the "lazy" state, as opposed to the fully initialized state and the state of a truly empty
array.  Does anyone know how FDS works in this regard?

We are using the Java adapter, so our application is responsible for how data comes out of
the DAO layer.  Any information would be appreciated - thank you.