Please try with swfLoader.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ROUSSELIE David ROSI/SIFAC
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:40 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] dynamically loading components

I'm trying to load dynamically Flex component at runtime from just the component's name (String).

I succeed when I was using Flex2 Beta2 but this does not work anymore with Beta3.

Here is the code I am using:

     var urlRequest: URLRequest = new URLRequest();
     urlRequest.url = "">

     var context: LoaderContext = new LoaderContext();
     context.applicationDomain = new ApplicationDomain(ApplicationDomain.currentDomain);
     loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, handleLoadComplete);
     loader.load(urlRequest, context);

Then in handleLoadComplete:

   var viewClass: Class = Class(loader.contentLoaderInfo.applicationDomain.getDefinition("mycomponent"));
   view = new viewClass();   // <-- it fails here

The error I get:

InvalidSWFError: Error #2136: The SWF file 'http://localhost:8080/mysamples/core1.mxml.swf' contains invalid data.

where core1.mxml.swf is the caller application.

The Flex component mycomponent.mxml is just a VBox, nothing else. When I try to access to the mycomponent.mxml.swf file Í'm getting another error (I don't remember I got it with Flex2 Beta2):

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
 at mx.styles::StyleManager$/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::initProtoChainRoots()
 at mycomponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::_mycomponent_StylesInit()
 at mycomponent$iinit()

I don't know what happened between Beta2 and Beta3, does anyone have any idea ?

Thanks

--

David Rousselie