Communication is often difficult to achieve when cultural and
language differences exist. I must applaud Dimitrios for his
restraint.

If I understand you correctly, you need to be able to show multiple
instances of the same screen, with different data, at the same
time.  If that is true, you can still use a single VO (cast to an
ArrayCollection) for all of the data and use a different
filterFunction, for each instance of the screen.  Since the screen
is the same, I'm guessing that you are using a custom component and
are creating a new instance for each new version of the screen.
However, if you are only viewing one version of the screen at a time
(view states), my original suggestion works.  You just have to
refill the VO, with new data, each time the view state changes.  As
far as your comment that I am suggesting that you HARDCODE event
names, that's how Cairngorm defines that part of your application's
structure.  The names of your events and commands are hard coded in
the FrontController.   Unless your application is creating dynamic
AS files, on-the-fly, I don't see a way around this.  As far as the
delegates are concerned it's almost impossible to suggest anything
without knowing the server-side architecture and how you are
retrieving data.  It sounds like you have a pretty complex
application, good luck working-out the details.

Not Waiting for Reply,
Tim Hoff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "maxym.hryniv" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dimitrios, thank you for quick reply, but please don't post reply
if
> you are not in context. It's a question about architecture and i'm
> wondering why you are asking for a screenshot? I'll try to clarify
my
> question
> I have
> 1. 2 different set of delegates (different classes)
> 2. 2 different data instances (the same data class)
> 3. 2 instances of ONE view (the same class) that support 2 modes.
> I have to see in THE SAME TIME one instance of view with one set
of
> data (received by the first set of delegates - my guestbook
messages)
> and another with second set of data (received by the second set of
> delegates - my friend guestbook messages).
> And probably i'll have a possibility to see 3 or X guestbooks in
the
> same screen (depends on UI team solution - i don't care about UI)
> eachone with another set of data (different people guestbooks).
>
> Waiting for reply.
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<dimitrios.
> gianninas@> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, maybe if you can provide some sample code or a screenshot of
> what
> > these two views look like would help. Is it that the two views
are
> going
> > to update the data in two different fashions?
> >
> > Dimitrios Gianninas
> > RIA Developer
> > Optimal Payments Inc.
> >

> > ________________________________
> >
> > From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> > 1. 2 different set of delegates (different classes)
> > 2. 2 different data instances (the same data class)
> > 3. 2 instances of ONE view that support 2 modes.
> > I have to see in THE SAME TIME one instance of view with one set
of
> > data and another with second set of data.
> >
> > Waiting for reply.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<dimitrios.
> > gianninas@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Unless I don't fully understand your problem, the solution is
> > simple.  You don't need to create 2 different models for the
same
> > data. You create the variable to hold your data on the
ModelLocator
> > (ex.: ModelLocator.messages) and then bind this variables to
> controls
> > on our 2 views. First part done.
> > >
> > > Now, when the owner logs in, you will get his messages and
assign
> > them to this variable, OR when a visitor logs in, you do exactly
the
> > same thing. You don't need 2 FrontControllers, always use one.
> > >
> > > I think your question has more to do with controlling what a
> visitor
> > can do as opposed to a owner, which has more power. Yes?
> > >
> > > Dimitrios Gianninas

getMessages
> > event
> > > (to return messages based on the user's role)" - It's called
> > HARDCODE
> > > and it's unacceptable.
> > > And i have to display different information at the same time
in
> > > different instances of one view thats why your suggestion will
not
> > > work. However thank you.
> > > Btw i have different delegates for different states cause of
> server
> > > side architecture. It's another one reason why it will not
work.

> > > Waiting for reply.

> > > (especially
advice.

> > > But
It's a
> > > little
> the
> > > code,
> > > mind.
> > FrontController.
> > > than

For
> (getMessages)
> > > and
> > the
> > > state,
> > the
> execute,
> > > which
> > from
> > > the
> > since
> > > they
> bound
associated
> > with
> > > because
> that
> > > are
> > would
> > allowed
> > > for
> edit
> > > button

> > > must
> > visitor
> > full
> post
> server
> another
> > > set.
> > different
> > > sets
> and
> > > then i
> suggest
> > me
> > > how
> > > class.
> > > > >

> > > --
> > txt
> > 40yahoogroups.com

t=ms&k=Web+site+design+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=

omputer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Ma

romedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=L-
> > 4QTvxB_quFDtMyhrQaHQ>        Computer software development
> > <http://groups.
> > yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Computer+software+development&w1=Web+site+design+development&w
2

=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=
> > acromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.
> > sig=lvQjSRfQDfWudJSe1lLjHw>        Software design and
development
> > <http://
> > groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Software+design+and+development&w1=Web+site+design+development
&

w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w
4

=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.
> > sig=1pMBCdo3DsJbuU9AEmO1oQ>
> > > Macromedia flex <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Macromedia+flex&w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+sof

ware+development&w3=Software+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+fle
> > &w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.
> > sig=OO6nPIrz7_EpZI36cYzBjw>        Software development best
> practice
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

t=ms&k=Software+development+best+practice&w1=Web+site+design+developm

nt&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+developmen

&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=166&.
> > sig=f89quyyulIDsnABLD6IXIw>

> > >       *      Visit your group "flexcoders <http://groups.yahoo.
> com/
> > group/flexcoders> " on the web.
> > >
> > > *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > >       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:flexcoders-
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >
> > > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of

> > > ________________________________
> > >

> > --
> txt
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com

> > Web site design development
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
> t=ms&k=Web+site+design+development&w1=Web+

site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+
> es

ign+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+p
> ac
> > tice&c=5&s=166&.sig=L-4QTvxB_quFDtMyhrQaHQ>        Computer
software
> > development
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
> t=ms&k=Computer+software+development&w1=We

b+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Softwar
> +d

esign+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best
> +pr
> > actice&c=5&s=166&.sig=lvQjSRfQDfWudJSe1lLjHw>        Software
design
> and
> > development
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
> t=ms&k=Software+design+and+development&w1=

Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Softw
> re

+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+be
> t+
> > practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=1pMBCdo3DsJbuU9AEmO1oQ>
> > Macromedia flex
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
> t=ms&k=Macromedia+flex&w1=Web+site+design+

development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+d
> ve

lopment&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&
> =1
> > 66&.sig=OO6nPIrz7_EpZI36cYzBjw>        Software development best
> > practice
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
> t=ms&k=Software+development+best+practice&

w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=So
> tw

are+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development
> +be
> > st+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=f89quyyulIDsnABLD6IXIw>

> > *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject=Unsubscribe>