Xavi, that's exactly what I was thinking. An external xml (config)
file would have a list of items, where each item contains a regular
_expression_ and the handler AS class name. Then the framework would
implement a Strategy to forward the XML object to the correct handler
based on the name space and the reg _expression_. Should be slick!

(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/)  could
> be implemented on AS3
>
> Cheers
> x.
>
> On 5/15/06, Suzy Lawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, for clarification, I'm very familar with the Cairngorm
> > framework. This would be *completely* outside of it. This XML
> > framework would handle solely converting xml to objects and vice
> > versa. In my mind, the xml framework would be called from the Command
> > class of caingorm before calling URLLoader....
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Suzy Lawson" <suzylawson@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm building a Flex 2 app that has all incoming/outgoing data as XML
> > > (custom structured...not like an RSS for example). The XML requires
> > > namespaces and will likely have changes in structure. There will be
> > > multiple incoming XML formats (e.g, Product, Customer, Contact,
> > > Calendar Entry).
> > >
> > > With that said, it seems I need to build a framework to handle
> > > incoming XML, forward it to the correct handler to transfer the data
> > > to it's related typed class, and add the typed class to the
view. The
> > > framework will also re-create the XML before sending the request.
> > > Should be easy with E4x.
> > >
> > > Seems straight-forward enough but seems odd there doesn't seem to be
> > > any documentation or existing frameworks that completely
abstract the
> > > xml layer from the UI. Being a java developer, I look forward to
> > > writing it (and posting it publicly)...just want to make sure
I'm not