For instructions and simple reports, I want to have nice formatted text that supports various font faces and font sizes, bold, italic, ordered and unordered lists, simple tables, etc.

HTMLText is close, but doesn't do tables or ordered lists. And it seems to be finicky about the actual HTML.

So what's the best way to handle this in Flex 2?

- I thought about building a custom textLayout component. Is this a good idea? Is there one already built?

- Also, Flash supports XML-formatted text that you can then style using CSS. Can this be done in Flex? How would you assign the CSS to the TextArea?

Thanks much for any ideas!

   Clarke