From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of josulliv101
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] newbie question: Populating Datagrid from external complex xml

Hi,

I don't have any issues populating the datagrid when my external xml
file is very basic. for example:

<users>
    <user>
        <username>Joe</username>
        <useremail>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</useremail>
    </user>
    <user>
        <username>Maggie</username>
        <useremail>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</useremail>
    </user>

</users>

But when I have many nested elements and attributes - I can never
access the elements deeper within the xml.

Can anyone put up a bare-bones example of populating a datagrid with
something like the following from an xml file.

<users>
    <user>
        <username gender="male">Joe</username>
        <useremail>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</useremail>
        <location id="001">
             <city>Bedford</city>
             <state>MA</state>
        </location>
    </user>
    <user>
        <username gender="female">Maggie</username>
        <useremail>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</useremail>
        <location id="002">
             <city>Lexington</city>
             <state>MA</state>
        </location>