From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Manish Jethani
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:33 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex2B3 :: viewMtrics - borderMetrics :: What
changed

On 5/18/06, Michael Schmalle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please refer to this post for more information.
>
> Flex2B3 :: Container subclass :: viewMetrics - borderMetrics

Okay, this one:

    override public function get viewMetrics():EdgeMetrics
    {
         var v:EdgeMetrics = super.viewMetrics;
         var b:EdgeMetrics = borderMetrics;

         trace("viewMetrics", v.left)
         trace("borderMetrics", b.left)

        if (dragEnabled) {
             if (direction == "horizontal") {
                 v.left = draggerButton.width;
             } else {
                 v.top = draggerButton.height;
         return v;
    }

> There is something that is fishy. I am NOT changing border metrics
but, when I go to qeury it after viewMetrics has run, it holds the
actual viewMetrics values not the simple values of 1 or 2 for solid,
outset etc...

Not sure why that's happening (don't have access to source at the
moment), but could you try making a *copy* of viewMetrics instead of
modifying the value returned by super.viewMetrics?

What goes up, does come down.