Hello,

I'm relatively new to Flex, and I'm editing some code in an existing
project where these xmlns="*" declarations are scattered about in our
components in addition to our own namespace declarations. To the best
of my knowledge, all our our custom components are qualified with
their namespace names in the mxml files. Being so, is this declaration
necessary, and what exactly does it mean? The global namespace?

Thanks,
/Heidi