From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ely Greenfield
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 4:04 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Flex 1.5 - column chart question

Hi Robert. The problem is that there's not enough room on the axis to show all the labels, so the axis is dropping labels to make room. It drops labels from the bottom up, so the one on the top may or may not appear depending on the number and size of your labels. In this case, it's getting dropped.

One way I can think of to fix this would be to set the canDropLabels property on the verticalAxisRenderer to false. Unfortunately, you'll end up with more labels that will be scaled down to fit...But you'll get your zero axis.

If all you care about is getting the zero _line_ to appear (not the label), you could set the horizontalShowOrigin style of the GridLines class to true. That should get you an origin line.

GridLines {

  horizontalShowOrigin: true;

}

Ely.