From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John C. Bland II
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:31 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Autoinstall not guaranteed?

We had a client who ordered a content management system in beta 2 (worked fine too). It launched just before beta 3 and there were updates needed after 3 came out. So, we upgraded it to beta 3 which was a perfect time for the client to upgrade their computers to FP9. The problem is it didn't work.

In IE it just kept repeating the process but never actually installed the player even after restarting IE as directed. In Firefox it would either throw an error about the Timer class not being available or just sit their blank (normal Flex bg).

So, is autoinstall not complete? Has there been any upgrades from FP8? It was flaky at best in FP8, in our experience, so we're hoping some upgrades have been made so we can use it this time.

TIA,

--
John C. Bland II
"I do what I can do when I can do it." - Chris Tucker, Money Talks

http://www.gotoandstop.org - Home of FMUG.az