Carlos Rovira wrote:
> 2006/5/24, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> I know of a few ways to merge these technologies today:
>> --  Print the PDF to FlashPaper and display in Flash Player.
>> --  Invoke Flash Player from Adobe Reader (works with ActiveX, and I'm
>> not sure at the moment of Netscape Plugins).
>> --  Have the two extensions side-by-side in the browser (subject to
>> browser intercommunication abilities, Flex-Ajax Bridge-ishly).
>
> Approach four:
> - Use blazepdf : see it at http://www.blazepdf.com/

Good point, thanks for the catch. Gregg Wygonik's BlazePDF is a SWF file
which reads, parses, and then renders PDF content. Like all non-Adobe
PDF readers it doesn't support everything the file format can do, but
from all I've heard it's a good approach if its functionality fits your
job's needs.

(btw, I really like these approaches to render PDF within a SWF file, or
render SVG within a SWF file, or render XAML within a SWF file, and so
on... new web technology like the Safari/Firefox CANVAS tag shouldn't be
held in a little ghetto just because all the browsermakers haven't used
it yet... I think SWF can play a big role here, as a universal renderer
of many types of web content.)

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd