Hi Guys,

I'd probably suggest letting the view dispatch a Cairngorm event, having
that following Command change a state in your model and have that view
bind to that state change in the model. This view will trigger the
effect and at effectEnd you will trigger another Command. IMHO, the
Command should never invoke anything view related (like an effect) by
himself.

Note that your view (MXML) can bind to the model using the mx:Binding
tag. BTW: check out Paul's little helper for that.  ;)
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/paulw/archives/2006/05/the_worlds_smal.cfm
#more

Best,
Alex

Alex Uhlmann
Consultant (Rich Internet Applications)
Adobe Consulting
Westpoint, 4 Redheughs Rigg, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ, UK
p: +44 (0) 131 338 6969
m: +44 (0) 7917 428 951
[EMAIL PROTECTED]