I anyone else having issues trying to set values on objects for newly
instantiated objects in an object graph with 3 or more layers?

I have the following:

ClassA {
public var classB : ClassB;
public var classC : ClassC;
}

ClassB {
public var classD : ClassD;
}

ClassC {
public var textVal : String='';
}

and i have a value sets in the ModelLocator (cairngorm) class like so:
public var allClassAs : ArrayCollection;
public var selectedClassA : ClassA;

The problem is if I retrieve a single 'ClassA' from the collection of
allClassAs using the ID of the selectedClassA, then try to make a call
like this:
classA.classC.text="Whatever";

The mxml field I have bound to that value never displays and I get the
following debug error.

error during evaluation
no such variable: classA.classC.textVal

This kind of makes sense since classC wasn't initialized yet, so even
if I change ClassA to be:
ClassA {
public var classB : ClassB = new ClassB();
public var classC : ClassC = new ClassC();
}

I still get the same error. In the UI, if I click back, it appears
correctly, but the first time it always fails. It seems like the set
(classA.classC.text="Whatever";) is getting called faster then the
object can be initialized (constructed).

I've had similar problems when calling:
var myXML = new XML(event.target.data);
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"3232";

When I debug this, myXML is still null when the 2nd line is called. A
work around is to instantiate the XML on startup so the XML is there
before calling the set on @ID, but means more memory.

Anyone else hitting these issues?