“I wish Adobe would put some more people on Flex…”

That would be great!!!

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jason
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 12:53 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: FusionCharts under Flex

Go to
http://www.infosoftglobal.com/FusionCharts/Gallery.asp?gMenuItemId=3#ps
and click on the charts under "2D/3D Column Charts". You'll see the
animations I mean. And if you click on the "FusionCharts Presentation
Suite", you'll see what my boss REALLY went wild for. They use Flash
to put a bit of Powerpoint-ish pizazz into the charts. Not really my
thing as I'm more of a usability guy, but it does impress the suits.

I managed to get the label rotation working. The help for
"labelRotation" under mx.charts.AxisRenderer should have a big bold
reference to the embedding thing. I went there first and only figured
out the problem when I finally went to the "Rotating axis elements"
example page. I think it's a good way to do it, but you have to admit
that it's a bit of a learning curve compared to just setting a label
rotation property and having it always work.

I hear what you're saying about time. I wish Adobe would put some
more people on Flex to just write examples and such. One good example
is worth a whole page of documentation. Of course, that can get
problematic when you're still redesigning some of it as you go along. :D

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "Ely Greenfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED].> wrote:

> I hear you Jason, but there's only so many hours in the day.
>
> > 3d bar/pie charts,
>
> Yeah, that's something we don't support.
>
> > animations for when the chart loads
>
> Can you Describe what you're looking for?
>
> > rotating axis labels
>
> Flex charts support those, if you use embedded fonts.
>

> > Maybe it would help if you had a lot of samples where you implemented
> a lot of these features so people could just reuse your code instead
> of rewriting the renderers.
>
> Indeed it would. Only so many hours in the day though. I spend the late
> hours of the night ignoring my family and writing samples that I post on
> my blog. Let me know what you'd like to see and I'll put 'em on the
> list.
>

> Ely.
> http://www.quietlyscheming.com/