Hello,
I'm assuming that what you want is to send a binary to your server in
the same way that if it was sent by a browser (using that "browse"
button in some forms) and then, at the server side, consume that file
using PHP.
In that case, I think that the best way is to implement (using
ByteArray, of course) a data packet compliant with "multipart/form-
data" encoding type, then just send it to your php handler in the
server and that's it.
Writing a "multipart/form-data" packet is easy and you can find the
full specification on w3c.org
Given that this spec may be "hard to read", I suggest you another way
that worked for me in the past (though it's more, let's say, "empiric")

0. Prepare a sniffer between your browser and your server (there are
many of them that are very easy to use)
1. Just upload a little jpeg file to your server using a browser and
the standard way: a form with an <input> tag of type "file", bla, bla.
2. Capture the data from the browser to the server and use it to figure
out and implement the multipart/form-data packet (is easy, believe me.)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM