I think it's a limitation right now. It has nothing to do with if the namespaces are default or not; that is  only relevent within the specific text representation of the XML. Namespaces are evaluated at compile-time, so there is not capacity for XMLListCollection to detect namespaces and use them, nor for XMLListCollection to be parametrised with namespaces to use.

I'm loathe to recommend not using namespaces, because they add a lot of robustness, and they are harder to add with hindsight. Could you, perhaps, transform your XML just prior to setting it as a dataProvider? It might even be possible to create subclasses of XMLListCollection, which has the namespace baked in, but I haven't looked into the source code to see how it is implemented.

Peter

On 6/7/06, ben.clinkinbeard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>From what I can gather, default namespaces in XML data simply aren't
very well supported in AS3/Flex 2. Can someone from Adobe chime in to
confirm or deny this? Should we simply try to avoid them at all costs?

Thanks,
Ben

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM