I've been searching through 100s of messages on here trying to find
if there is an answer in this forum to applying a theme (swc) to an
mxml file in Flex 2.0. If this is a repeat question please forgive me.

I have been able to apply a theme successfully through the compiler
mxmlc -theme command. This creates a swf. I was wondering if there is
another way to apply a theme to an mxml application, otherwise, every
time I make a change to the mxml I have to recompile to a swf to see
what the changes will look like with the specified theme.

I want to be able to easily reskin applications if necessary, which
is why I chose this approach, however I'd also like to see the
application with the specified skin while developing it.

My swc includes a swf with symbols for each component state and a
css. I used the included AeonGraphical example as my guide.

I know in Flex 1.5 there was actually a theme property in the
application tag. That no longer exists. So I guess I'm basically
looking for the equivalent in 2.0, if there even is one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM