I experienced what seems to be the same problem: I was not able to
see my flexapp in neither MSIE nor SAFlashPlayer.exe and, however, I
was able to see it using FireFox.
Try the following (it worked for my case)

1. Verify that the problem is related to the ActiveX version of
flashplayer: try SAFlashPlayer and then FireFox (chaveat, If you
installed FlexBuilder before FireFox, it is possible that FireFox
doesn't work also)
2. If you can see SWF with FireFox, then go
to "system32/macromed/Flash" and try to "regsvr32" the file
named "FlDbg9a.ocx". You probably will see an error message, if so,
you may have not enough privileges on some of your registry keys.
3. Use regmon.exe to monitor what is hapening in your registry while
you run again the flash installer "Install Flash Player 9 AX.exe"
4. Analyze the regmon's log fooking for "ACCESS DENIED" and write
those keys.
5. Using regedt32.exe, grant privileges enough to those registry keys
to the user you are logged in.
6. Run again the flash installer (monitoring its actions with regmon)
7. Try MSIE to see if it works now.
8. If MSIE is not working yet, go to step 4.

It repeated the process up to 4 times before it works.

Good luck

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM