Can't you save the data in a cookie?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of sreedhar reddy
Sent: 16 June 2006 11:23
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Session Management

Hi Abdul,

   Thanks for your reply. What I meant by maintain session is that I want to be able to close the browser window, reopen it, come back to the same website, and have the site remember my preferences without logging in again. Essentially a "remember me" option. An example  is www.pandora.com. I can create a new radio station, close the window, go back there, and my station will still exist. And that's without logging in. Of course, Pandora was done with Open Lazlo, but I was hoping I could implement the same sort of functionality in Flex, preferably without using Flex Data Services.

    Thanks & Regards,
          Sreedhar

Abdul Qabiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sreedhar,

When you say maintain session, I take it as maintain session across the pages, right?

In RIA world, there is no concept of pages and everything is a view. I can tell you one of the ways,
I have tried.

1) With Flash Remoting or OpenAMF gateway:-

Added a servlet filter on server, this servlet accepts and client requests, make sure of session and all and
forward requests to AMFGateway servlet

2) With HTTP POST/GET approach, I would pass the session-id to client and keep it on client side. With every request and I would pass the session-id to server. On server, you can check if session is still valid, if not return a error code which client procesess and shows relevant feedback to user.

I am not server-side guy, so I am sure there would better approaches. But that is how, I did things...KISS way..

-abdul