Hello,

I had to make a flash application one year ago that interact with an external device that was connected on USB or serial port.

I used Python to communicate directly with the USB/Serial device and used an xml socket, created a Flash application that listen the xml socket. So I was able to interact with the USB/Serial device this way and it was working very well.

The only cons, you have to launch you python script locally before starting your flash app.

It was not a problem in my case.

If you want I can share the python script that connect the serial device and send/receive info using an xml socket.

Cheers,

De Ridder Yaniv
Flex Consultant (Rich Internet Applications)
Adobe Consulting
Westpoint, 4 Redheughs Rigg, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ, UK

m: +44 (0) 7758 643 37 81
[EMAIL PROTECTED]