Yeah,

Sorry, use:

artSvc.getArtists.lastResult

for the dataProvider, without artists at the end.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "malik_robinson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ended up getting an error, I think it was due to the text
> "lastResult". Below is the error:
>
> I am very curious to know if someone can try this simple example
and get
> a datagrid to populate via a query object from CF.
>
> Error: Unknown Property 'artists'.
>   at

mx.collections::ListCollectionView/http://www.adobe.com/2006/actionsc
rip\
> t/flash/proxy::getProperty()
>   at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/::updateProperty()
>   at mx.binding::Watcher/mx.binding:Watcher::wrapUpdate()
>   at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/updateParent()
>   at mx.binding::Watcher/updateChildren()
>   at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/::updateProperty()
>   at mx.binding::Watcher/mx.binding:Watcher::wrapUpdate()
>   at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/eventHandler()
>   at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
>   at

mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::r
esu\
> ltHandler()
>   at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
>   at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
>   at
> ::NetConnectionMessageResponder/NetConnectionChannel.as$42:NetConne
ction\
> MessageResponder::resultHandler()
>   at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()
>

> Here is the CFC:
>
> <cfcomponent>
>

> <cffunction name="getArtists" access="remote" returntype="query">
>
> <cfset var artists = '' />
>
> <cfquery name="Artists" datasource="cfcodeexplorer">
>
> SELECT firstname, lastname
>
> FROM ARTISTS
>
> </cfquery>
>
> <cfreturn Artists />
>
> </cffunction>
>
> </cfcomponent>
>
> Here is the current MXML:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
> <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> " layout="absolute"
> creationComplete="initApp()">
>
> <mx:Script>
>    <![CDATA[
>     import mx.rpc.events.*;
>     import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
>

>    public function initApp():void {
>    // Force artists class to load
>    artSvc.getArtists.send();
>    }
>
>    ]]>
>   </mx:Script>
>
> <mx:RemoteObject
>   id="artSvc"
>   destination="ColdFusion"
>   source="myApp.cf.com.artists"
>   showBusyCursor="true" />
>

>   <mx:DataGrid id="dg" dataProvider="{artSvc.getArtists.artists}"
x="177"
> y="65">
>    <mx:columns>
>     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="First Name"
dataField="firstName"/>
>     <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Name"
dataField="lastName"/>

Malik_Robinson@
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have the following code that I *thought* would work, but it
does
> > > not. Can anyone see why this might not work? Basically the
datagrid
> > > does not get loaded, the browser says "transferring data from
> > > localhost", but it never populates the grid, no error, I see
the
> show
> > > busy cursor and my empty datagrid. I am using CF 7 and there
is a
> > > datasource that is defined when you install the tutorials. It
is
> > > basically a database of artists or something. I wrote a test
page to
> > > ensure my CFC works and it does return a query object, so I
know the
> > > CFC is fine.
> > >
> > > I am just trying to have it load the datagrid upon
creationComplete

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM