From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of malik_robinson
Sent: segunda-feira, 19 de Junho de 2006 2:54
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex beta 3/CF and Datagrid not being populated

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

It is almost working. It now appears that the grid is being
populated but I do not see anything in the grid. The reason I know
its being populated is when i move my mouse over, it highlights the
rows. It also adds a scroll bar to the display indicating there are
more records than can be displayed in the grid due to the current
size of the grid. The only problem now is I do not see the values in
the columns. The CFC does work and I have tested it using a
basic .cfm page. I think I we are almost there, I just do not see
the actual values in the grid.

1. Also, what is "lastResult". Where does that come from and how
would one know about this?

2. Any idea why I do not see any actual text in the grid? I tried
firstname, FIRSTNAME, as I heard someone reference that I need to use
CAPS, but either way I do not get values in the grid. But it does
appear records are there as I move the mouse over, it highlights the
*would be value*.

<mx:DataGrid id="dg" dataProvider="{artSvc.getArtists.lastResult}"
x="177" y="65">
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="First Name" dataField="FIRSTNAME"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Name" dataField="LASTNAME"/>
</mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

mx.collections::ListCollectionView/http://www.adobe.com/2006/actionsc

mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::r
> [...]
> > at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()
> >

> > Here is the CFC:
> >
> > <cfcomponent>
> >

> > <cffunction name="getArtists" access="remote" returntype="query">
> >
> > <cfset var artists = '' />
> >
> > <cfquery name="Artists" datasource="cfcodeexplorer">
> >
> > SELECT firstname, lastname
> >
> > FROM ARTISTS
> >
> > </cfquery>
> >
> > <cfreturn Artists />
> >
> > </cffunction>
> >
> > </cfcomponent>
> >
> > Here is the current MXML:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
> > <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> " layout="absolute"
> > creationComplete="initApp()">
> >
> > <mx:Script>
> > <![CDATA[
> > import mx.rpc.events.*;
> > import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
> >

> > public function initApp():void {
> > // Force artists class to load
> > artSvc.getArtists.send();
> > }
> >
> > ]]>
> > </mx:Script>
> >
> > <mx:RemoteObject
> > id="artSvc"
> > destination="ColdFusion"
> > source="myApp.cf.com.artists"
> > showBusyCursor="true" />
> >

> > <mx:DataGrid id="dg" dataProvider="{artSvc.getArtists.artists}"
> x="177"
> > y="65">
> > <mx:columns>
> > <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="First Name"
> dataField="firstName"/>
> > <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Name"
> dataField="lastName"/>
> > </mx:columns>
> > </mx:DataGrid>
> >
> > </mx:Application>
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <TimHoff@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi Malik,
> > >
> > > I can't test this, but this is how the examples that I've seen
> work.
> > >
> > > -TH
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> > > <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
> > > <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> "
> > > layout="absolute" creationComplete="initApp()">
> > >
> > > <mx:Script>
> > > <![CDATA[
> > > import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
> > > import mx.rpc.events.*;
> > >
> > > public function initApp():void {
> > > // Force artists class to load
> > > artSvc.getArtists.send();
> > > }
> > > ]]>
> > > </mx:Script>
> > >
> > > <mx:RemoteObject id="artSvc" destination="ColdFusion"
> > > source="myapp.cf.com.artists" showBusyCursor="true" />
> > >
> > > <mx:DataGrid id="dgArtists"
> > > dataProvider="{artSvc.getArtists.lastResult.artists}" x="177"
> y="65">
> > > <mx:columns>
> > > <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="First Name"
> dataField="firstname"/>
> > > <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Name" dataField="lastname"/>